Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Banana Bread

A few weeks ago, I was at Sam's Club browsing the fruit area when I saw a bunch of overripe bananas.  "Those poor bananas," I thought, "Who's going to ever buy those, especially when they are near the perfectly yellow ones?"  Yes, I know it's kinda sad that I think that about over ripe fruit...but nevertheless, I did.  The whole bunch of about 3lbs of bananas was only $1.98!  A total bargain, right?  But what does one do with overripe bananas?  Make banana bread, of course!  And so, the bananas somehow made their way into my cart.

I've made this recipe many times over the past few years and it has become my "go-to" banana bread recipe.  Not only is it simple, I bet you have all the ingredients in your pantry, but it's delicious!  When making this bread, I sometimes use whole wheat flour and sometimes just regular flour, or you can mix and match.  Also, I add spices to my bread, per the modifcations below and it turns out great everytime.  I always get compliments from people saying how moist and flavorful this bread is; plus, numerous requests for the recipe.  So, here you go, my friends.  Make this soon and enjoy it as a snack with coffee or as my personal fave - warmed up with some butter on top for breakfast.  Mmmm!

Enjoy!

Ingredients.

Quality control.

Banana Banana Bread by Food.com
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 2 1/3 cups mashed very overripe bananas
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan
  3. In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
  4. In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
  5. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
  6. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
  7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  8. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
  9. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

4 comments:

  1. banana bread is the BEST! i love when i have bananas go bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat a whole loaf of banana bread daily if I allowed myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I love banana bread! And I don't have a go-to recipe, so I love trying out other people's tried and true versions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This banana bread recipe is a delicious way to use overripe bananas! 🍌 Try this weight loss product Zotrim

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say?? :)