Following our Pulled Pork Sandwiches, you know we had dessert! Someone at Jeremy’s work made this and he liked it so much that he requested that I make it for when Jayla came over.
The recipe is from Ms. Paula Deen and to be honest with you, I love to watch her show, but I don’t really like to make her recipes. In case you haven’t noticed…her recipes aren’t exactly healthy. They are usually loaded with butter, cream, cheese and pretty much anything unhealthy. Oh well, a treat everyone in awhile doesn’t hurt, right?
This recipe was super simple and very good! The bottom is a mix of pineapple and blueberries, while the top is cakey and nutty. Yum! I’m sure this would be great with other types of fruit like canned peaches, pears and apple pie filling. If you’re looking for an easy, fruity and delicious dessert recipe, I would highly recommend this one…even though it calls for almost 2 sticks of butter. :)
Per the recipe, it serves 8 people. This is how much was left after 3 people ate some. Oh Paula, you and your out of control portion sizes!
My close up.
Paula’s close up. Now, why couldn’t mine look that pretty?
Pineapple Blueberry Crunch Cake, by Paula Dean
- 3/4 cup butter, plus more for dish
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, in juice
- 1 (20-ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13 by 9-inch casserole dish.
- Melt 3/4 cup butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Pour the pineapple with juice into the casserole dish and evenly spread blueberry pie filling on top. Cover with dry yellow cake mix and top with pecans. Drizzle with melted butter and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.