Sorry I’m a day late with the results of the GIVEAWAY! I was going to post this yesterday when we got home from California, but Diesel and I were tired, so we decided to take a nap, while Jeremy went to work…and yea…that was the end of that.
So, I had a total of 19 entries. According to Random.org, the lucky winner is…
#11 Michele P., who will be using this apron and measuring spoons to make tamales and cookies! Yum, yum! Congratulations Michele…I’ll be sending you an email today. Thanks for all who entered my GIVEAWAY. Hopefully, I’ll be able to have more in the future. Now, on to today’s recipe!
This is an easy and delicious recipe for macaroni and cheese from Cooking Light. It’s a lighter version of mac and cheese, due to the reduced fat cheese and the skim milk in the recipe, but you’d never know that it was “light,” because it’s creamy, cheesy and bacony! The only change I made was I added 4 slices of bacon, instead of 2 because come on…seriously…only 2 pieces of bacon in 6 servings?! That’s NOT enough, if you ask me! Pair this Bacon Mac with a side salad and you’ve got a delicious, healthy and easy meal.
Hot, out of the oven.
Bacon Mac, by Cooking Light
- 3 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 12 ounces strozzapreti or penne pasta
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk, divided
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring 6 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Add pasta; cook 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add 1 cup milk; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let stand 4 minutes or until it cools to 155°. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, onions, hot sauce, pepper, and bacon; stir. Add pasta; toss. Spoon into a 2-quart broiler-safe dish coated with cooking spray; top with 1/2 cup cheese. Broil 7 minutes.