Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More Pumpkin

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been so long since my last post!  Time has just flown by.  I remember posting and saying, “Alright, in a few days I’ll post my other 2 recipes,” and yet, here I am about 2 weeks later, finally doing it!  Oh well, it’s Christmas time and I’ve been busy.

Moving on though…the following recipes are more wonderful ways to use pumpkin.  The first recipe is a delicious Pumpkin Dip!  Not only is this dip very easy to make, but it’s also pumpkin-y, maple-y and sugary.  What a great combo!  In making this I used full fat cream cheese and sugar free maple syrup because that’s what I had on hand at the time.  Also, I ate mine with sliced apples and gingersnap cookies.  Mmmmm!

IMG_1975   

Pumpkin Dip by Cooking Light

Ingredients

  • 3/4  cup  (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
  • 1/2  cup  packed brown sugar
  • 1/2  cup  canned pumpkin
  • 2  teaspoons  maple syrup
  • 1/2  teaspoon  ground cinnamon
  • 24  apple slices

Preparation

  1. Place first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
  2. Add syrup and cinnamon, and beat until smooth.
  3. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Serve with apple.

Up next are some wonderful Pumpkin Muffins with streusel topping.  When I bought canned pumpkin for the pie that I made (see previous post), I accidentally bought “pumpkin pie mix!”  I buy pumpkin all the time and couldn’t believe that I did that…and to top it all off, I opened it and almost put it into the pie before realizing it.  Wow, maybe I was having a very early “senior moment.”  Anyway, inside the label on the can, I found this easy and yummy pumpkin muffin recipe! 

The muffins are flavorful (because the pie mix already has spices in it) and moist, but it’s the streusel topping that makes them.  I was planning to add nuts to the streusel topping, but forgot…however, I do think the addition would be wonderful.  As for my usual modifications, the recipe calls for “baking mix,” but all I had was pancake mix and it seemed to work fine, and I didn’t add the raisins.  So, if you’re looking for a quick and tasty pumpkin muffin, you should definitely give these a try.

Enjoy!

IMG_1972

Ingredients.

IMG_1974

Just out of the oven.

IMG_1976

Mmmmm!

Crumble Top Pumpkin Muffins

Ingredients

  • 4 cups all-purpose baking mix
  • 1 cup raisins, (optional)
  • 2/3 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 can (30 oz.) LIBBY'S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
  • 2 large eggs
  • Streusel topping (recipe follows)

Directions

  1. PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Paper-line or grease 24 muffin cups.
  2. COMBINE baking mix, raisins, oats, sugar and cinnamon in large bowl. Combine pumpkin pie mix and eggs in medium bowl; mix well. Stir into oat mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle with Streusel Topping.
  3. BAKE for 14 to 16 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire rack; cool slightly. Serve warm.
  4. FOR STREUSEL TOPPING:
    COMBINE
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow that pumpkin and struesel needs to be in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow both of these look delicious! I would love one of those muffins for breakfast right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still loving the pumpkin and put it in a cupcake and you have one sweet deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pumpkin - the dip sounds really tasty and so do the muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pumpkin muffins...I make them every year! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say?? :)