That’s right…a GIVEAWAY! I’m so excited, but before I get to that, I have a recipe to share…be sure to keep reading after the recipe though, ok?
So, I’m on the email list for Eat Better America and I love their recipes. They take some recipes for delicious, comfort food and “healthify” them to make them a little more figure friendly! About a month ago, my parents, grandma and auntie came up to visit and I thought this casserole would be a great option for dinner. As I suspected, it did not disappoint!
This casserole comes together very quickly and before you know it, you can pop it into the oven. The only modifications that I made was I substituted a can of Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Chilies, for the large tomato and I added a few extra tortillas to the top, for some crunch. This dish is creamy, flavorful and cheesy! You’d never know it was “healthified.” I highly recommend this delicious meal.
Hot, out of the oven!“Healthified” Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) 98% fat free condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
- 1 container (8 oz) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 8 yellow corn tortillas (6 or 7 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix soup, chiles, sour cream, milk, chili powder and cumin until blended.
- Stir in chicken, tortillas and bell pepper. Stir in tomato and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon and spread mixture in baking dish.
- Cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes.
Alright…now let’s talk about my GIVEAWAY!! Are you by chance looking for some new cookware? Maybe some Rachel Ray cookware, for example? Well, if you are, you should definitely check out Cookware.com because the super-cool people there contacted me about hosting a GIVEAWAY! I’m stoked since this is my first GIVEAWAY that I’ve been contacted about. Does this mean that I’ve “made it” in the blog world?? “Oh, you like me! You really like me!” Anyways, back on track…what am I giving away?
This lovely apron and these magnetic measuring spoons:
Cute, huh?! I’ll be randomly selecting one lucky reader to win these two items. You can enter up to 2 times by Saturday, December 26th at 11am AZ (PST) time and here’s how you enter:
1. Leave a comment telling me what you’d cook/bake while wearing this apron and using these spoons (if you don’t have a blog profile, be sure to include your email address, so that I have a way to contact you).
2. Tweet the following: “@saraboff from Sara’s Sweets is having a giveaway and I want to win! http://bit.ly/6Icmaa,” then, leave a comment telling me you’ve done so.
That’s it! Good luck!