Mmmm…peanut butter cookie. Mmmm…Hershey Kiss. Mmmm…peanut butter blossoms! I love these cookies, but can you believe that I never made them before. Shocking right? They are so easy and so delicious, yet for some reason they’ve never crossed my kitchen, until now.
On New Year’s Eve, we had our friends come over for dessert and video games. I’ve been wanting to make these cookies for quite awhile, plus Hershey Kisses were on sale, so now was my chance. These are such a delicious cookie! I can’t think of anything better than peanut butter and chocolate. In making these, the only substitution I made was that I used butter instead of shortening. The butter made the cookie a bit crumbly and delicate, which is different than your normal peanut butter cookie texture (made with shortening)…however, I rather enjoyed it! I also enjoyed eating these cookies when they were still a bit warm and the Hershey Kiss was melty. Yum!
Ready to eat!
Peanut Butter Blossoms, by Hershey
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.