Boy, this is going to be one packed post! Bare with me though because it’s good. I promise.
First, we have a review! A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Skin MD Natural asking me if I’d be interested in receiving one of their products and reviewing it. Heck yea, I would! I’m so glad that I was able to receive a sample of their Shielding Lotion because this stuff is awesome!
Living in AZ for the majority of my life, I’ve always had skin that was more on the dry side. Ever heard people in AZ say, “Oh, it’s a dry heat?” Well, they weren’t kidding! Add winter on top of that and then the fact that I’m always washing my hands…it all leaves me with dry skin. The first time I used the shielding lotion, my skin was instantly moisturized and soft, and I was surprised that it stayed that way through most of the day! Plus, the lotion is very light, non-greasy, fragrance free and a little goes a long way. I love that! I’ve been using the Shielding Lotion for about a week now and the overall appearance of my skin has improved greatly. No more rough hands or dry cuticles, just soft, smooth skin. It’s wonderful! Check out these cool facts about Skin MD’s Shielding Lotion:
- It’s natural, eco-friendly
- It’s unlike any other conventional, artificial moisturizers because it works with the skin to naturally moisturize and heal
- It helps restore skin's natural protective abilities by bonding to the outer layer of skin, strengthening skins natural barrier against toxins and irritants that can dry the skin, while locking in the
skin's natural oils
- It’s made in the US, using high quality natural ingredients, making it over 90% all natural
- It’s free of harmful fragrances, parabens, and colorants making it hypoallergenic
- It’s also vegan-friendly and gluten-free
Pretty cool stuff, right? I highly recommend this lotion to those with dry skin…in fact, let me help you with that: secondly, we have a GIVEAWAY! I’ll be randomly selecting one lucky reader to win a full size bottle of the Skin Natural MD Shielding Lotion on Tuesday, February 23rd at 12pm AZ time and here’s how you enter:
- Leave a comment telling me why your skin is so dry.
- Blog: If you have a blog of your own, mention my giveaway in a post, then leave a comment telling me you’ve done so.
That’s it! Good luck!
Lastly, we have a recipe. A very delicious recipe, I might add. One of the blogs that I frequent is Iowa Girl Eats. Kristin has some delicious recipes, plus great tips on exercise and being healthy. A few months ago, she posted this recipe and I knew that I had to make it!
Kentucky Derby Pie is basically a chocolate chip cookie pie. I know, right! A chocolate chip cookie pie?! = AMAZING! I followed the recipe to a “t” and it rocked my world. Stop reading right now, go to the store, buy the ingredients and make this asap! It is THAT good.
You have to eat it while it’s still warm! Oh my goodness!
Kentucky Derby Pie, by Iowa Girl Eats
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- dash of salt
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well after each egg. Add vanilla and mix.
- Combine remaining ingredients into mixture and spoon into pie shell. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Serve warm!