Hello blog readers! I hope you are all doing well. Today I present you with one of the easiest and most delicious recipes ever! Have you ever had a Skor candy bar? Well, if you haven’t, I highly encourage you to go to the store and buy one right now because they are delicious. According to the Hershey website, “with buttery toffee enrobed in milk chocolate, this bar is a distinctively rich treat.” Mmmmm, toffee and chocolate.
I came across this recipe on Recipezaar.com and of course, it’s fabulous! There are 4 ingredients total and it takes about 15 minutes of cook/put together time and that’s it! I’ve made this twice now. The first time I cut the recipe in half, which works nicely, and used semi-sweet chocolate chips. It was good…but it didn’t quite taste like a Skor bar, so when I made it again, I used milk chocolate chips and it was AMAZING! I took it into work and got nothing but raves about it. If you’re looking for a quick treat or dessert, I really recommend this recipe.
Mock Skor Bars, by Recipezaar
- 24 regular salted Saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13 x9 inch pan with Parchment (or foil) paper for easy clean up. Arrange crackers evenly in pan.
- In saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Stir in brown sugar until melted and smooth. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Boil for 2 minutes and then pour mixture evenly over cracker.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate pieces evenly over caramel mixture. Return to oven just long enough for chocolate to melt. Spread chocolate evenly with spatula.
- Place pan in refrigerator or freezer until chocolate is firm. Cut or break into pieces.