I’ve always been a fan of chili. It’s warm. It’s chunky. It’s delicious. And you know what else I like about chili? It’s so versatile and everyone has their own recipe! The possibilities are endless. Meat or no meat? Chicken or beef? Beans or no beans? Veggies or…well, you get the idea.
Chili is a great recipe if your doing P90X because the different phases of the nutrition plan that accompanies the workout of P90X are all pretty low carb. I found this recipe by just Googling “P90X Chili,” and then I just adjusted per our tastes. Not only is this chili is packed full of protein, but it’s also flavorful, hearty and easy! Add a side salad and you’ve got a delicious low carb dinner…whether your doing P90X or not.
Makes 7 1/2 servings, 1 cup servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 28 ounce canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounce canned kidney beans - drained, rinsed,
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 – 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown.
- Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot.
- Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic.
- Season with chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.