I love corn dogs! Cornbread + hot dog + wooden stick = deliciousness! Corn dogs are great to get the State Fair or amusement parks (specifically Disneyland California Adventure… amazing corn dogs there!), but how can you have them at home?? Well, you could buy the frozen or you can make these muffins!
Growing up, I used to request that my parent buy the frozen kind, so that I could have a corn dog every once in a while. Knowing my love for the meat on a stick, they brought me this recipe that they cut out of a magazine and now I’ve finally made them! Boy, am I glad I did because they are SO good. Jeremy even gave them the “two thumbs up” and stamp of approval.
The recipe is so simple and quick. I cut it in half and got 11 regular sized muffins out of it; plus, I used skim milk and light cheese. Yum, yum, yum! I ate my corn dog muffins with ketchup and mustard, which I think is a MUST for corn dogs, while Jerm ate his plain. They were delicious! If you’re a hot dog or corn dog lover, go make this recipe. Seriously, go now.
Corn dog muffins!
Corn Dog Muffins
- 2 (8.5 oz) packages cornbread mix
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 9 hot dogs, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease muffin tins.
- Stir together the cornbrea mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the egg and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs, cheese and hot dogs into the dry mixture until moistened. Spoon mixture into muffins tins until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 14-18 minute or until gold brown.
- Serve with mustard and ketchup, or eat plain!