Boy, do I have a delicious cake recipe for you! For Easter, Jeremy, Diesel and I went down to my parents house for dinner and you know I was all about making the dessert. My grandma’s birthday was in a few days, so I thought a cake would be perfect. More specifically, I thought this cake would be perfect! My parents just back from a Hawaiian vacation, we’re Hawaiian and it’s delicious.
This cake is very simple to put together and would be great for get togethers or a pot-luck or a birthday celebration. It is yellow cake, topped with a layer of pudding and pineapple, then frosted with Cool Whip and coconut. Yummy! Make this for your next party. Seriously, it’s a-mazing.
Ready to eat!
Hawaiian Cake, by Recipezaar
1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (standard size)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix; let stand to thicken.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Spread over cake.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Fold in remaining topping.
- Spread over Pudding.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.