This Chicken Parmesan is a quick and easy recipe, from Robin Miller’s Quick Fix Meals. A few years ago, Robin did a demonstration at a cooking store in the fabulous city (and my home) of Scottsdale (she and her family live there). Once my parents and I heard about the event, we knew we were definitely going. At the demo, she made tasty food, answered questions and of course, signed her cookbook. This is one of my favorite cookbooks, not only because (so far) it’s my only autographed one, but also because I love Robin’s idea of “morphing” recipes to give you different meals through out the week.
I’ve made this recipe a few times and it’s for sure a keeper. The sauce is delicious and so easy to make. Plus, it takes minutes to bread the chicken and throw every thing into the oven. I only make two chicken breasts, so I cut the breading ingredients in half. However, I do make all the sauce because I serve this with pasta and Jerm and I are saucy kind of people.
Pre-trip into the oven.
Post-trip into the oven and served with pasta.
Chicken Parmesan, by Robin Miller (Quick Fix Meals)
- One 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- One 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 – 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 tsps grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 400 degrees. Coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and garlic powder. Set over medium heat, bring to a simmer and let simmer until ready to use (about 10 minutes).
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Place eggs in a separate shallow dish and the bread crumbs in a third.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, evenly coating both sides and tapping off any excess. Dip both sides of the flour-coated chicken in the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to the prepared baking dish.
- Top with tomato sauce, mozzarella an Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minute, until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the cheese is golden and bubbly.