This a a pretty basic recipe but it's always a delicious one! Usually when I'm making baked pasta, I just kinda throw together what I think sounds good (spaghetti type ingredients), add some cheese on top and throw it in the oven. Well, last week Jeremy specifically requested "Baked Ziti," so that set me on a search for the recipe.
I used a recipe from my old standby, Recipezaar. Whenever I search for a recipe on that website I always sort by "Rating," and this one was high up on the list. It's simple, it's cheesy, it's Baked Ziti! :) I cut the recipe in half since it was just for Jerm and me, and it turned out nicely. Add some breadsticks and salad and you've got a delicious meal. Definitely try it out if you're looking for easy and classic dinner.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar meatless sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onions, and garlic over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is browned; stirring frequently.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, and oregano.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir 1 cup of the sauce into the cooked ziti noodles.
- Spoon 1/2 of the ziti mixture into a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Top with 2 cups sauce, then remaining ziti mixture and remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until heated through.
On a quick side note, I' like to thank finsmom for giving me this lovely award! I've never gotten a blog award before. "You like me...you really like me!" Who knew that people other than my mom, my husband, and my in-laws read my blog! :) Thank you!!
These are the rules of this award:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
I think 15 is A LOT, so I'm not going to have quite that many...7 is a good number...how about 7? Therefore, I would like to pass this award on to the following great blogs: