Thursday, July 30, 2009

Turkey Meatballs

I had 1/2 lb. of ground turkey left over from a prior meal and I needed to find something to do with it.  So, off I went to Recipezaar.com to find a recipe that would work.  Wouldn’t you know, I found a recipe?  Oh, I love you Recipezaar.com. 

This recipe had great reviews and I had all the ingredients, so it was perfect.  These meatballs were so easy to make and quite tasty too!  I cut all the ingredients in half, since I only had 1/2lb of turkey, used dried parsley, and baked them in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. 

Since Jeremy says he “doesn’t like” ground turkey (even though he eats it just fine when he doesn’t know I’m feeding him ground turkey), I decided to add some BBQ sauce to the meatballs and throw them on a hot dog bun, in order to make a meatball sandwich.  Plus, I grilled up some onions and melted some cheese on top…deeelicious!  These meatballs would be great with spaghetti, gravy or other type of sauce.  Try them out!  The possibilities are endless.

Enjoy!

IMG_1721

Just out of the oven. Plain.

IMG_1725 

BBQ meatball sandwich!

Turkey Meatballs, by Recipezaar

  • 1 lb lean ground turkey
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
  • Directions

    1. Mix all the ingredients and shape into 30 meatballs approximately.
    2. Spray a nonstick pan lightly with vegetable oil
    3. Cook the meatballs for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through and nicely browned on the outside.  You will likely have to repeat the process for a second batch unless you have one big frypan!

  • 1 comment:

    You got something to say?? :)