Last night for dinner, Jeremy and I decided to have Philly Cheesesteaks. I've only eaten a Philly Cheesesteak about twice in my life, but they sure are delicious. This wasn't exactly a Philly cheesesteak though, it was more just a steak sandwich...but it was yummy and it's the thought that counts right?
For this dinner, I just kinda "winged" it, and I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. I'm sure you could add more spices and more ingredients to jazz it up a bit; however, we enjoyed this simple, cheesy steak sandwich, and it'll definitely appear on our menu again.
The cooked steak.
Hot out of the broiler.
I served mine open-faced, with fries and fruit.
Steak Sandwich, by Me
- Steak (I used boneless ribeye)
- 1/3 of a large onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Provolone cheese
- Hamburger buns
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a frying pan to medium high. Grill steak until desired wellness. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, grill onions until desired likeness.
- Place steak and onion on hamburger buns.
- Top with provolone cheese.
- Broil for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.